GATE 2018 examinations will be conducted in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore. The application fee for Dubai (UAE) and Singapore centres is US$ 100; and for the remaining it is US$ 50. Candidates of any nationality can opt for international centres.
- Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: (i) must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology or; (ii) must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 2 years) in any relevant science subject.
- For candidates at international centres, ONLY a valid Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification.
- For Foreign nationals, SC/ST/PwD categories are NOT APPLICABLE.
- The session timing at GATE International Centres will be as per their local time and it will be notified well in advance.
- The application procedure remains same for Foreign nationals as that of Indian nationals.
- The candidates opting for international examination centres will be contacted only through their e-mail. However, mobile numbers can be used only when the GATE 2018 Organizing Institute intends to communicate an important information to them.
Documents/ Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form (International Candidates)
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2018 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute (format specified in Appendix A of the Information Brochure)
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
*Valid Identity Document: Passport/ Government issued ID/ College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recognized identification